6/07/2010

Time Warp/ed?

Driving along today, I pulled up next to a truck with two guys in it. I noticed that the passenger had some older looking headphones around his neck and was fiddling with something in his hands. I gazed over at him, while waiting for the red light to turn green, trying to get a peek at what he was messing with. I was absolutely stunned...no...no...I was appalled at what I saw in his hands. It was a @#%$ing audio cassette player, a Walkman. That's right an ancient, out-dated, passe', nobody has one anymore @#%$ing cassette player. I proceeded to laugh and point at him and thought that I had seen it all until the duct tape holding it all together was revealed...I @#%$ing lost it...tears coming out of my eyes LOST IT!!! Somebody needs to introduce that man to an iPod or at the very least a portable CD player. I am willing to bet the poor bastard has an 8-track in his early 1970's Mercury Monarch too. HAHAHAHAHA!!!

People really need to wake up and keep up with the times. I am not saying you need to go out and buy all the latest gadgets (I keep a special place for those idiots as well) but c'mon a Walkman, seriously?

The moral of the story is...If you don't want to be laughed at and ridiculed then wake up, throw away your out-dated shit and join society in the present times.

1 comment:

  1. Duuuuuuuuuuuude - it's retro. Don'tcha know the '80s are back?

    ReplyDelete